Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Goodbye, 2010.

It will forever be remembered as a momentous year. A year brought together by innumerable happinesses, a bit of sorrow, and a whole mess of love. And in these 365 days, these 525,600 minutes, I've continued to define who I am... who I am as a mother, a wife, a friend, and a photographer. It would be an understatement to say that I'm a grateful for what I have in life...For these moments, these little bits of time, I feel incredible blessed to be on this little path of our life.

"Life is not about how many breaths you take
but about how many moments in life that take your breath away."

Oh, the moments of 2010 that took our breath away...

...baby turns one.




...baby's first airplane ride and a trip to the rodeo.

...our first trip to the zoo.


....an easter celebration.


...momma turns twenty-eight.


...dreaming big and makings things like this happen and celebrating all good things in life.


.... capturing the happiest of moments with my very first little one.

...a very special second momma's day.




.... for getting ready to soak up the summertime.


....and for saying goodbye to one phase of my life.


...and then celebrating life with a trip to the carnival.


....for celebrating philip's parents 50th anniversary on a cruise.


...for lazy summer days of doing absolutely nothing and everything at the same time.




....celebrating the greatest dads in the world.


....for parades and bubbles and all things that make little ones smile.


....grand fourth of july celebrations where we know everyone should scold us for putting a sparkler in our seventeen month old's hand.


...preparing for the wedding of my little sister.




....a trip to memphis with just the two of us to celebrate another year of marriage.


....another family trip to chicago.


....picking flowers for his momma.


...for family time, for sibling time, for spend-as-much-time-as-you-possibly-can-with-the-people-that-mean-the-most-in-your-life time.


....spending time on the soccer field, a place that I'm confident we will frequent for many more years in our life.


...for falling down hard. for crying. and for having the strength to pick yourself back up.


...for letting time heal things, for welcoming in fall and leaves changing and pumkin costumes.


....for remembering how much we do have to be thankful for.


...crazy exciting moments like baby's first (successful) trip to the potty.


....and ending the year with a whole batch of holiday celebrations.


Yes, just as this little blog has evolved into something more, so have I. I have lived in the little moments of our everyday lives, forever soaking up all that there is to love; I have searched to find answers to why certain events happen and then finally had the strength to let go and move forward; and I have loved a whole heck of a lot.... my family, my son, my husband, my friends.

2010. A year that has forever changed me. And change is good. Because without it, we wouldn't be at this exact place in our lives right now.... and we are loving exactly where that is.



Welcome, 2011. I can only imagine what amazing things you will bring us this year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails