Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

I was finishing up a session today when I received this text from Philip, "We are ready to go to the zoo!" (exclamation point and everything). Not having discussed this little plan, you can imagine how excited I was to take our first trip to the zoo with Jacob. Sure enough, Philip and Jacob were all packed up and ready to go when I arrived home (although Jacob did need a quick outfit change...brown sweatpants in 70 degree weather and an undershirt just didn't seem right). With an afternoon nap only a few hours away, we managed to see the penguins, bears, monkeys, hippos, and elephants. Jacob loved seeing all of the animals, pointing to everything and anything that was in his reach. And we were so happy that "Uncle Dan" (Jacob's Godfather) could come along for the big day! We tried to squeeze in an ice cream treat at the end of our outing, but to our surprise, the little guy wanted nothing to do with it. He was fast asleep by the time we pulled out of the area. I text my mom on the way home, telling her how much Jacob loved the zoo. Her response? "Yeah. That is every parent's dream." And she's right.

Warm weather. Trip to the zoo. As a family. Mom. Dad. Child. Together as one. It doesn't get any better than this....











No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails