Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Welcome, Fall.

Welcome, Fall. Welcome pumpkins and leaves and gorgeous fall trees, costumes and cider and scrumptious pumpkin pie. Welcome colorful scarves and light jackets, little caps and warm boots.

Welcome new days that help us move along.

And moving along and thinking optimistically about the future is what we're trying to do right now. Welcome, minor bump in the road, my new rental charger.


(thank you to my dear friend, Amanda, for capturing this incredible photo).

When it rains, it pours, was one of Philip's first comments after I called him about our accident three days after being home from the hospital. An attempted yoga outing turned bad when the gentlemen in front of me slammed on his brakes and we collided into the back of his car.

Some say that bad things come in three. I believe that our first incident (first, the ultrasound appointment and then, the surgery) count as two. Our car accident was three and so, my friends, it could only mean that things are turning up for us.

And starting fresh means a new do for little man and his friend.



Our inspiration for Jacob. Justin Bieber, of course.



It's quite possible that this sweet lady at the most fantastic place for a kid's hair cut thought we were a little nutty, but she did the most perfect job of hiding these feelings and gave me the cutest resemblance of a Justin Bieber son.



No, I'm wrong. He's an even cuter version of Justin Bieber.



And yes, at this franchise, we allow children to suck on lollipops if it keeps their little bottom sitting still in the chair.





And although two suckers couldn't please Jacob's buddy, this stylist still managed to get the job done.



Welcome, two of the cutest little men around.







One of the best things about fall? Welcome, pumpkin patch.

And yes, people were stopping and staring and some were even snapping photos of the cutest pumpkin in the whole patch.



Our days have not been perfect. I have moments of overwhelming sadness, of anger that we are no longer expecting. And when these moments come, I remind myself about what we have.



Yes, our perfectly planned out life experienced a small detour. Our first two children will not be twenty-six months apart. But something out there bigger than you and me has allowed to believe that our little one will have other siblings.



Welcome, Jacob's first pony ride.



Welcome, happy baby.



It's impossible to forget about what happened. But there are still things to smile about. Like looking at rows and rows of pumpkins and trying to figure out which was is the most perfect.



I'll take the one in the middle.



And, of course, I'm a much happier person with that big guy on the right as well, who just celebrated a birthday yesterday. To my Philip, I can't imagine a life with you.



And I can't even fathom a life without this little family.



Welcome, new days. Days that make us stronger individuals, days that remind us of what we should really be thankful for, days that we find the strength to smile and move forward.

Welcome, Fall. There are indeed good things to come.

2 comments:

Kate Lincoff said...

Yup- you did it. I finally cried at a blog post. Make sure to give Lil A some extra kisses from Aunt Cake! Thanks for sharing, Stephanie! -Kate

Turfdad said...

Hey Stephanie,

Just checking out blogs on that "next blog" thing on Blogger and I came across yours. Great pictures and music. I had to comment because my wife and daughter are at a Justin Bieber concert tonight. Start teaching Jacob to sing early.

Turfdad

Related Posts with Thumbnails