Friday, September 24, 2010

It's Really This Good.

I continue to get asked by people if I am "still liking staying at home with Jacob." Plain and simple, how could I not like it? I never felt that my position as a teacher would be my "forever job." That just wasn't me. I am now, more than ever, happy with where my life is. I am defined by my role as a mother, a wife to my husband, and am so grateful to have the opportunity to photograph other families in their own roles as well. And if you think I'm that picture-perfect stay-at-home mom that has the house clean and dinner on the table every night, you certainly don't know me that well.

For starters, I receive help with the cleaning by this little guy...



....who is so excited about his new cleaning set that he goes around the whole house sweeping and mopping and occasionally bopping the dogs in the head with the biggest smile on his face.





They say a picture says a million words... yes, he really is this excited about cleaning. He certainly did not get this from me.



And the "staying at home" part certainly is not us. We've got things to do and new places to explore.

We've got soccer to play, baby.



He is absolutely fearless on the soccer field, dribbling right along with the big kids and drilling shots in the goal.



Of course, always making time to take instructions from Daddy.







This is me. Momma to Jacob, wife to my Philip, and yes, that's right, St. Louis' 2010 Nickelodeon Parent's Pick Winner for Best Family Photographer (yay!).



Goalllllllllllll!!! There is so much to cheer about.



And at the end of the day, when Jacob must be swept off the field because the real game is beginning, when I sit down to this computer and reflect on the day and what has become of our life, I can't help but think that, yes, my friends, it really is this good.

2 comments:

Snowmanlover said...

Your little guy is soooo precious! Congrats on #1 in good ole' St. Louie!

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much!! Very exciting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails