Friday, May 28, 2010

The Beginning.

An emotional week is coming to an end. Goodbyes have been said, classrooms have been packed up, and some very, very sweet notes from students and colleagues have fallen into my hands. I don't think there is anything sweeter than a letter. In this age of emails and text messages, we continue to lose the little personal touches that are so special. I'm a "saver" of all notes and letters. I probably get this from my mom, who sometimes thinks its funny to take out her boxes of letters that we wrote to her... apologies for calling our brother stupid, mother's day cards that repeatedly tell her she is the best mom ever, or notes that explain why we really don't like our sister who killed our fish because she dumped all of the fish food in its bowl. And while I will not share these heartfelt messages that were given to me over this past week, I thank you with all of my heart for your thoughts.

The weather this past Wednesday patterned by mood on this day. It was amazingly bright and pleasant outside for most of the day, only to be interrupted by a torrential downpour, and topped off with the most gorgeous rainbow. And not your "I-think-I-can-see-a-few-colors-of-a-rainbow" one. This one spanned across the entire sky, vibrant as can be.



Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high,
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby.


Somewhere over the rainbow
Skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream
Really do come true.


Tears have been shed, goodbyes have been said, and now, my friends, I'm ready. Ready for a perfectly created balance of work and play. Which one is which - caring for and spending time with my amazing little one or photographing the most precious newborns and families - is yet to be decided... but that's the beauty of it. How am I feeling right now?

Pretty darn happy.



That's the look of an individual who has the best of both worlds. And what does an individual such as this do in this situation?

We celebrated, of course. A trip to the carnival.











Somewhere over the rainbow
Bluebirds fly.
Birds fly over the rainbow.
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow
Why, oh why can't I?


This is only the beginning.



Who am I?

I'm a mother to the most incredible fifteen month little boy and the wife to a man who loves me just the way I'm meant to be loved. I'm a stay-at-home mom because I believe these years, when the little ones are this little, are way too important to miss (though I don't quite cook and clean as well as I should) and I'm a photographer. I capture the moments that are as precious to you as the moments that I capture for me. Life is too short to sit idly by waiting for something to happen. Believe in something bigger. And go get it.

Dare to dream.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails