Monday, May 3, 2010

What A Wonderful World....

We had quite the gorgeous weekend after a huge rain storm Friday evening which sent us home early from the baseball game. April showers brings May flowers and everything else beautiful...

In the mornings, when Jacob and I are hanging around the house, we sometimes turn the music loud, dancing and bouncing to the beat. Perhaps I don't have the greatest moves (or rhythm), but to the little guy, I rank up there with Madonna. This morning's tune? What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong.


I see trees of green, red roses to,
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue and clouds of white,
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world.


How blessed I am to be part of such amazing things going on right now.

Like this little family....




....That is in the process of raising the next David Beckham. He continues to dribble better and better in the yard and in our house and it was certainly time to buy him his first goal.





Outside, Philip asked me if I noticed anything about the way he kicks the ball into the net. "Never with his left foot," I was told. Fourteen months, Honey, he's only fourteen months.









The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky,
Are also on the faces of people going by
I see friends shaking hands saying how do you do
They're really saying I love you.

And we have some special love going on right now....



Like the love between my parents who have been married for thirty-one years,



and the love between Philip's parents who have been married for almost fifty years.


And the love between Jacob and his Pops, who I watched take off Jacob's shoes and socks which could only mean one thing... his first dip into the pond at Yaya and Pops' house. And while some babies are uncertain of the cold water and fish swimming at their feet, Jacob was quite calm sitting in Pops' arms, watching the fish come nibble at the surface for some food.



So many things to love and to treasure in this world....




I hear babies cry, I watch them grow
They'll learn much more than I'll never know,
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world,
Yes I think to myself, what a wonderful world.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails