Thursday, March 18, 2010

Bumps and Bruises

We officially made it to spring break! Jacob could sense the excitement when I came home from work today. We played outside (the sun was back!), we played the piano (I attempted to teach him Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star), and he ran around the house in a diaper after an unsuccessful attempt to get some clothes on him. We almost made it for his first Ice Cream Truck stop, but by the time I could grab my camera and some money, he was long gone. He will have to be introduced to this sweet summer experience soon.


I'm not quite sure if it is the new shoes or the amount of time Jacob has been walking, but the child has no fear anymore. He takes off running whenever he wants and this makes everyone around him a little nervous. In Houston, we were loading our car up before our ride to the airport and Jacob got excited to see Daddy by the car so he just took off ... this ended with Jacob falling head first onto the concrete, me feeling like the worst mother in the world, and Philip looking at me with the first-you-let-him-fall-off-the-bed-and-now-his-head-is-bleeding-again look. Jacob recovered quite quickly of course, but now I panic every time he sprints on the hard ground. For now, we hope to keep the number of bumps and bruises during all of our new time outside to a minimum.









The amount of drool this child acquires over the course of an hour is impressive. I'd like to think that this is because he is teething, but frankly it might just be because he loves blowing bubbles.




I have had many people ask me if Jacob is ever upset or if he really is just "that happy" all of the time. Exhibit A, My Friends: We refuse to let Jacob play in the street and force him to play on our grass or the sidewalk (I know, mean parents). This is how mad Jacob gets when we guide him away from where he wants to be. We all have our moments.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails