Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Jacob Moments

Last night, Philip and I were doing what we do every Tuesday night after Jacob goes to sleep (watch American Idol and critique each performance as if we are the judges and actually know how to critique music) and mid-performance, Philip tells me to pause the show.

Me: What?
Philip: What was your favorite "Jacob moment" from today?
Me: My what?
Philip: You know, your favorite "Jacob moment"? What was the best thing he did today?

I am laughing to myself again as I write this... I had never really thought of what exactly is my favorite "Jacob moment" of each day. I'd be lying if I said all of them. I don't love the fact that he tosses all of his food on the ground when we are out to lunch at Cheesecake Factory; I don't think it's hilarious when he cries because I won't let him play outside any longer; and I'm not a huge fan of the fact that he was up and ready to go at five this morning. But, my goodness, there is so much to love about this child....

.....I love that if I am on my computer checking my email, he will walk up to me with a book in his hand and rest his head on my leg so that of course I will read to him.
....I love that he mimics every sound we make; if Daddy clears his throat, Jacob clears his throat; If Mommy coughs, Jacob will cough.
...I love when he actually dribbles a basketball (at only one), makes a shot, and then waves his right arm in the air as we cheer for him.
...I love the way he runs to greet us if we are just coming home, like we are the most important people in the world (and to him, I guess we are).
....I love that when you ask him, "Does the baby need to take a nap?" he lays his head down and pretends to go to sleep.
....I love that if you ask him to put his shoes on, he sits down wherever he is and lifts one leg in the air.
...I love that we play the piano and he thinks it's the funniest thing in the world when I use his fingers to play a song.

My favorite Jacob Moment? How could I pick just one?


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails