Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Freedom (Almost)

We have almost made it spring break. Two more days. Spring break means several different things. It means time to relax, to sit around the house and do nothing, to finally get to the gym on a consistent basis, to do some spring cleaning (maybe), to enjoy the warm sun that will (hopefully) soon be here. It also means just eight weeks left of school when spring break is done. For our kids, this excites them. Eight weeks left until free summer days. For me, this thought scares me. I have resigned from my part-time position teaching high school. It is time for me to be able to spend all of my days with my little guy (and future little ones) and to also take time to do things I am passionate about; to photograph everything and anything, to work one-on-one with struggling students, to teach online, to actually cook dinner five nights a week, to get back to Bikram yoga. This freedom is a little scary, but I know it is the right decision. We will have structure when we need structure and we will play around, not caring about the time, when we need that too. I feel very fortunate that we are able to make this decision and I know good things await us.








No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails