Saturday, March 20, 2010

At Least I'm Trying....

I received my new edition of Parenting magazine yesterday. I remember the days in college when my new US weekly magazine would arrive. I would read it cover to cover and feel slightly saddened when I was done, for I would have to wait another week for another gossip filled edition to arrive. Oh, how the days have changed. I couldn't tell you who was dating who and have no idea who the up-and-coming stars are, but I can tell you how to attempt to get your child to sleep in until 8:00, where the best place to vacation with your one-year-old, and how to get rid of the pacifier. In recent months, I've really taken a liking to the "A Week of Dinners for the Whole Crew" article. Now, let's not get crazy. I modify this to attempt some small baby steps towards my Holly Homemaker status. "Two or Three Dinners a Week for the Three of You." One of the showcased meals in this edition? Panfried Falafels. Easy enough, I thought. "Super kid-friendly" and "super easy." Quick and manageable for me and so I thought to invite Lindsay and Jonny over for dinner tonight to enjoy my home-cooked deliciousness. Who was I kidding?

My "chickpea mixture" would not mold in the patties they were supposed to form. My kitchen became a complete disaster because the food processor was shooting pureed onions and parsley all over the place. The mixture was crumbly and dry and little baby burgers were not the end result. Instead, I composed this:



Needless to say, the falafels were quite tasty. Don't judge a book by its cover, right? Philip would have preferred something with meat in it, but he is always good to try new things. Live and learn. And then, get take-out :)

In other news, cold weather is back. We won't complain... just toss back on the winter hat and coat and enjoy the cool air. How can you complain when we have the most amazing little guy to spend our time with?




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails