Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nine Days and Counting!

It actually hit me today that we are only nine days away from Jacob's first birthday. It is amazing how quickly this last year has flown by. It truly seems like only yesterday that I was waddling around with a big belly (thirty pounds of a big belly), decorating the baby room, reading books and more books on raising a baby, and feeling anxious/excited/thrilled/scared about our new arrival. I loved him then, still tucked away giving me small kicks to let me know he was getting ready for his arrival, I loved him the moment I laid eyes on him and his beautiful head of hair.. .but what amazes me, is how quickly this love continues to grow. I tear up everytime I read him "How Do I Love You?" My favorite lines...

"How do I love you? Let me count the ways. I love you on your very best.. and very worst of days..... And though I'm sure you'll never know, I love you more each day."

How did I get so lucky....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails