We are mid-art project right now (think pink and red paints and lots of glitter.. something about my valentine's day shoot yesterday - see here - made me whip up this type of activity this morning)... so a quick top twelve of our weekend travels to Arkansas to visit some family.
12. Hotel stays. I packed five bags and a container of toys (used about a fourth of everything) but now I have better grasp about how to not over pack for our upcoming trip to Florida.
11. The Reenactment of No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed. What kid doesn't want to hear the go-ahead to jump like crazy on a bed.
10. Catching Philip and Audrey Rose Bond. She's oooing and aahing, smiling, and blowing spit bubbles and Philip has mentioned that he loves the fact that she's more a real person now (not sure what he thought of her before....)
(nine-and-a-half). We don't love this one on the list but it made the highlights particularly because Jacob won't stop talking about it. Our first ever visit to urgent care for Jacob. And I think his second ever ear infection. The kid has a rock star immune system.
9. First Year Birthday Celebrations. Our sweet niece Lucy turns one.
8. Train tables. Trains, Thomas, Purcy, and Sodor Line are the forerunners from all the presents this little one acquired over the holidays. And while Daddy has yet to put together his new train table, we have tracks and trains and signs scattered all throughout the house.
7. Smash the cake sessions. The birthday girl wasn't quite into the cake so luckily her big sister stepped right in.
Little man still wasn't feeling well and even though he told me he didn't want lunch or a cupcake (which I knew meant he really wasn't feel well), when they actually made their appearance, he couldn't resist.
6. Snuggle sessions with Mimi. If I ever have to wonder why my children don't sleep on their own after stays with Mimi and Poppa, it's because their Mimi likes to hold them the entire time that they sleep.
5. The New Generation of Grandkids. Four new little ones in the past three years and now there's one more on the way (not us... haha!).
Oh goodness, Audrey Rose, that's not a very pretty face.
4. I Can Wear her on My Hip. Life gets a lot easier (i.e. the ability to multi-task) when I can swing her on my hip. And aside from a few bobble-head moments, we're there.
3. Sexy Husband. I don't know what it is, but there's something sexy about your husband with your girly diaper bag in one hand and the pumpkin seat in the other.
2. Littles in a Tub. He loves his cousins... talked about them the minute we left and wants to know everyday when they can play again.
And Number One.... Family time.
Because seriously, how does it get better than this?