Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Momma's Day.

From one of my favorite books...

When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.
[mitch albom, For One More Day]

It's been a fine day. Still a bit tired from a full day of shooting an awesome wedding, I awoke early to a little one talking to his toys through the monitor, a husband with sleepy eyes, and some tiny one giving me some precious good morning kicks.

Love. As if we don't feel it every day we walk this earth, something about mother's day just makes you feel it more.

To a child.



To your mom.



It's hard to completely express the gratitude I feel to my mom. And since I have some little one on my lap watching my every move as I attempt to put this together while he patiently awaits water and bubble play outdoors, I must move quickly.

We are born to love, yes, but we learn to love - to nurture, to show affection, to be compassionate, to hug, to kiss, to embrace - through others. It is an understatement to say that my mother knows how to love.



And I love my little one, I am a mother to my little one, because of the way I was loved.



And while I don't think I ever take for granted these moments we are blessed with, I know I can't possibly have thanked my mother enough for teaching me how to love this well.







I always knew I was going to love being a mother. I knew it was something I wanted when I was very young, playing house with my little sister day in and out of our childhood days.

But I don't think I could have ever fathomed how much I was going to enjoy it and all the crazy good moments that come with it.

Like a trip to Grant's Farm...



And watching my little one being attacked by baby goats...



With his daddy right there to rescue him.



Yes, he was brave enough to try it "just one more time"....



...until they attacked once more, this time going for the clothes.



And it's really quite a silly sight... to see this area that is supposed to be all for the kids and feeding baby goats when in actuality, these goats are so terribly aggressive for those milk bottles that they just traumatize these kids into their parent's arms and we are the ones that are left feeding the baby goats.



Correction. The daddys are left to feed the goats... pregnant mommas were not allowed in the gates.



And while the little one could have left content after our outing with the goats, more magical parts of Grant's Farm were waiting. Like the elephant show...



And the carousel rides...



And the camels.



Which, I should mention, Jacob wanted nothing to do with. Didn't want to feed them, be near them, or see them.



But of course, after leaving them, it's all he could talk about for the rest of the day.





It's funny asking other people to take our picture. They look at me like I'm crazy when I put my big camera in their hands, think I'm even crazier when they think I expect them to snap a shot, and the best look comes when I then put the camera strap over their neck just to be safe. But alas... we get a family shot.





And if momma and daddy couldn't top that outing, we ended it with a cherry snow cone.





World's best parents to this little man.



And that's the way we like it.

To all of the amazing mommas out there... happy mother's day. I hope you have found little moments today to relax and celebrate you.

And to my own momma.... thank you for loving me... for giving me the absolute greatest pure love there is....and for teaching me to love that much.

xoxox,
Stephanie

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails