Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy November

In the past week, I have had several moments where I have constructed the most perfectly worded posts in my head and by the time I have made it to this little page, after playing or reading or photographing or editing or cooking (yes, cooking!), I have completely forgotten it all... And all I have left are these unorganized little bits of phrases and photographs that make me smile.

And so, my friends, that's what you get right now... because I don't have time at this moment to remember my perfectly crafted stories and thoughts and some of you are getting quite restless with the lack of posts... and no, I'm not making that up... see below:



So what are we loving today?

We are so loving our grandmas. And Grandma and Grandpa Cotta have decided on Mima and Poppa for their real names. Jacob decided he liked Mimi much better and so that is what she has become. And let me tell you how much he loves his Mimi and Poppa.



... and I'm pretty sure she loves her littlest grandson almost as much as she loves her littlest child.



We are so loving this huge, loud laugh that never ends. Last night, while putting Jacob to bed, he started up again... was still laughing that big belly laugh after we had closed the door and said good night.



I am always amazed at the little things Jacob picks up on... the way he said "broccoli" at dinner tonight even though I don't think that is a thing I have previously identified with him, the way he knows and sings all of the words to "Pop, Pop, Pop the Bubbles" (that's all the words in the song), and the way he has picked up one of the ways I pose the newborns. Yep, now when you ask him to pose for a picture, up goes those arms right under the chin just like mommy does with the seven pound babies.



Short sleeves in the middle of November? Crazy, indeed. But we are soaking up every minute of being outside while we can. And I love this time of year.... thanksgiving, my absolute favorite holiday of the year and all the good things that come with it.



Twenty-one months. My goodness, where did the time go? I'd like to tell that we are doing everything we are supposed to be doing at this time. I could, actually... tell you that we are doing so. But, hmmmm, why lie?

#1. Still on the bottle before bedtime.
#2. Binky. No, actually 8 binkies in the crib at once. But only at nap time. And in the car.
#3. Jacob dropped a big poop in the bathtub yesterday evening. I heard Philip calling my name and I ran upstairs to find the two of them (out of the tub) laughing hysterically and pointing to the big plopper laying in the tub. Not quite sure if that fits here but I told you I was a little unorganized this evening. And that's funny.

Be shocked if you must. Shake those fingers at me and tell me I'm doing it all wrong. But here in this little household, we just have to move at our own pace sometimes.


Love those crazy old trees that tower over my little man.



Yes, there are so many things going on right now. Holiday shopping, thanksgiving preparations, and holiday card creations....Before you know it, we will be kissing 2010 goodbye... Another update is promised before then. :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails