Sunday, April 10, 2011

To Spring...

Springtime is the land awakening. [lewis grizzard]

And my goodness, we are waking up. Waking up to birds chirping, blue skies, and trees turning green so quickly, you'd think it was magic. I told Philip I'd like to move to Florida down the road... I'd like to wear flip-flops year round, spring dresses in November, and take dips in the ocean in the middle of December. And while I'll contemplate later on whether I could actually uproot our family and move away from a place that has been home for our entire life, I started thinking that maybe those cold winter days, desolate branches, and days indoors makes us actually appreciate this gorgeous time of the year even more...

Maybe it's me being sappy, maybe it's the Cat Stevens playing in the background, but oh my, what is there not to like about this time of year?

I like the chalk strewn all about the driveway, the chalk dust all over the little one's hands, and the absolute masterpieces that are created.


I like the little flowers that are just poking their heads up and the way that Little Man wants to smell and hold every single flower he grazes by.



Oh yes, I like bare feet... always have, always will. And look who even squeezed in a pedicure this past week?


I like a little one that now wants to see every single image of himself after it is taken. See picture, Mommy? Which is quite cute, yes, until you realize that taking a stream of fifty images is really quite difficult when we have to pause every second to admire them.


I like the fish in my parent's pond that are awakening as well, ready to be overfed from little grandchildren's hands.


I like catching the Yaya and Jacob moments... the moments that make you think, man, I got lucky to have such an amazingly special momma of my own. And how lucky that Jacob gets to grow up with the same love?




And just as special? Oh, do I love those daddy moments. I realize that there are some unbelievably strong women who raise children on their own, that do all the loving, disciplining, caring, and crying all on their own. And to these women, I will tell you that I respect you more than you know. Because I couldn't imagine having to do it on my own.

And side note, for those of you gasping at how high the little one is in these pictures, I'll tell you that Daddy caught him every single time. And he only hit those branches right above his head one time.



And welcome activity #83 of the spring/summer. Flying kites.



Oh, do I like this new adventure.



Not only is it adorable to watch your two-year-old chase after the object flying so high above the ground, but it is equally amusing watching your thirty-seven-year-old husband exhibit such extreme dedication (and, at times, extreme frustration) to get the kite off the ground for more than five minutes.



Yes, flying the kite in the park results in a grand day. And I highly suggest you do this. Even if you don't have children.





I like heading back outdoors even after bath time and pajamas. And pleasing momma by putting on some sandals so his clean little feet stay relatively clean for bedtime.


Of course, I like the jumps. And seeing where the little one learns to jump. And watching the little one finally understand that momma is not jumping right now. Momma no jump. Baby. Yea.


And last, but certainly not the least on what I'm liking right now, I love, love that baby bump that is on its way out.


Here's to spring...to finding all the little things there are to like about life right now. Happy Sunday to you.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails